Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Housekeeping Meme

From Celeste
APRON:
I don't own one, otherwise I would wear it. I tend to get really messy in the kitchen!

BAKING:
Baking is one of my absolute favorite things to do. I love to bake anything and everything - fresh breads, cookies, cakes, pies, you name it! We bake cookies or brownies at least twice a week!

CLOTHESLINE – Y/N?:
No, and I don't think that I would want one. I love my modern appliances - I am kind of spoiled that way.

DONUTS – Have you ever made them?:
Yep, about once a month we make fresh donuts. I remember my Mom making them and how fun it was, so I try to let the boys watch. I am currently trying to get creative with different glazes.

EVERY DAY – One homemaking thing you do every day:
Run a load of laundry, load of dishes, and clean boys' bathroom toilet.

FREEZER – Do you have a separate deep freeze?:
No. This is something that I would really like to have.

GARBAGE DISPOSAL – Y/N?:
Oh yes! Like Celeste, I am also a disposal-aholic.

HANDBOOK – What is your favorite homemaking resource?:
I really like Flylady.

IRONING – Love it or hate it?:
I don't necessarily hate it, I just don't do it. I call it from lack of time. If I had infinte time available (HA HA) I probably wouldn't mind ironing.

JUNK DRAWER – Y/N? Where is it?:
In the kitchen, and it drives me nuts. I cannot ever find anything in it. I am currently looking at a practical solution to this area.

KITCHEN: Design & Decorating?:
When it is as clean as I like it, I call the decorating style casual/traditional. Warm colors (with an accent of bright yellow/blue) and clean lines.

LOVE: What is your favorite part of homemaking?:
Cooking.

MOP - Y/N?:
I try, but this usually only happens once a month. I wish I could get it up to once a week - it needs it!

NYLONS - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?:
This is really bad - I never wear the same pair twice. I have even bought expensive "no run" nylons, only to have then still rip the first wear. So I buy a bunch of cheap ones, don't wear them too often, and if they rip (usually the case!) I throw them out.

OVEN - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?:
I use the window.

PIZZA - What do you put on yours?:
Everything but sausage. My dislike of pizza sausage comes from my own Mom.

QUIET - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?:
Read, or get on the computer. If in the evening, I love untimed baths!

RECIPE CARD BOX - Y/N?:
Yep, it has all of my favorites!

HOUSE STYLE:
The surveyor classified it as contemporary architecture. The inside is a bright open floor plan with lots of windows.

TABLECLOTHS AND NAPKINS - Y/N?:
I used to, until the boys were old enough to keep them piled on the floor instead of on the table. I gave them up, but hope to return to them someday. We do use them for nice dinners and holidays.

UNDER THE KITCHEN SINK - Organized or toxic wasteland?:
Absolute mess!

VACUUM - How many times per week?:
Once a week. I really should more with jonathan ready to crawl, but he is scared to death of the vacuum, so I can only endure the screaming fit once a week.

WASH - How many loads of laundry do you do a week?:
We are up to 8, even with our super capacity washer.

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?:
All in my head.

YARD - Who does what?:
Colin does all of the lawn work. I do all of the garden and flower beds/weeding.

ZZZZ's - What is your last housekeeping task for the day?
I put the dinner leftovers away and if I fold clothes that day (I should every day, but I don't always), this is when it gets done.

I tag Kris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home