Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My morning

I have really enjoyed reading the finer points of everyone's day, like Celeste's and Michelle's. I will admit that my day is more similar to Michelle's, without the morning run. I starting thinking about my day, and have decided that at least by posting it, I would learn a little something for myself, seeing it all in black and white. So today I:

Woke at 2:30 am to nurse the baby, back to sleep. Then woke at 7am to nurse baby. I heard all 3 other boys playing in rooms and decided to milk the time I could stay in bed, so I sat there talking to baby for 45 minutes. Hubby has already headed to work. At last 2 year old heads into room and insists on breakfast - not bad!

We all head to the kitchen and I put baby in high chair and start coffee. I then mix pancakes and heat pan. Baby fusses, so I take him out and place him on family room floor with a toy, instructing 6 year old to entertain him so I can finish breakfast. I cook pancakes, pour my coffee and serve pancakes to oldest 3. I get milk and juice for oldest three. I take my coffee and drink it while I feed fruit to baby.

After breakfast, 6 year old feeds and waters cat. I remind 6 and 4 year old to clear table. 2 year old goes and plays. I remind 6 year old to get dressed - I find him some clean underwear and jeans from pile of clean, unfolded clothes in basket. I put 4 year old in shower while I bathe baby in sink. I remind 4 year old to get dressed - he actually has clean clothes in closet -while I dress baby. I sit down to email for 15 minutes, and then start 6 year old on Cuisenaire rods activity. I pick up fussing baby and carry him as I help 6 year old, break up fight with 4 and 2 year old, keep 2 year old from messing up 6 year old's rods by getting him his own to play with. I start 6 year old on Phonics worksheet and then put baby down for nap. I play Little People on floor with 4 and 2 year old. Finally I sit down and listen to 6 year old read. 2 year old climbs on top of us until I get him situated off to one side of my lap. 4 year old wants up there as well, so we all squeeze on.

Break time! Kids play while I start a load of laundry, clean boys bathroom (toilet, sink, mop floor, and clean tub). I gather dirty clothes out of bathrooms and make my bed. I think about getting dressed, but then decided I better get 4 year old's schoolwork done first while baby is napping. I sit with 4 year old and practice writing Hh on wipe off card. We then do Phonics page on Hh together. We practice reading exercise. We do math sheet on "2" and color page. We attempt to read Bible story. I plead with him to pay attention to Bible story - starting it over three times. Finally give up. Make lunch and feed to older boys. Put own lunch in oven for 20 minutes. Get baby who has woken up and feed him jarred food. Get 6 and 4 year old to clear lunch dishes and then pick up fussing baby. 4 year old goes and plays. Take my lunch out of oven. Read "Verdi" to 6 and 2 year old while holding squirming baby. Start 6 year old on Math lesson until he gets to review adding with number lines (on own). Take baby, 2 and 4 year old into bedroom to play trains so it is quiet for 6 year old to work. Really enjoy playing trains.

Go back to read book about Mass to 6 year old for Religion and check Math work. Read book to 2 year old and put him down for nap. Nurse baby and put him down for nap. Break up fight between 6 and 4 year old over Go Fish cards by threatening to take them away (they stop). Sit down to computer to type this post and catch up on Danielle's my turn for today - great reading! And as I type this, I realize that my lunch is still sitting on the counter, I am still in my pajamas, and I haven't taken my shower yet. Oh, and 2 year old is napping in his pajamas. Post the rest of the day later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home