Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Advice from a rainy day in (with young boys)

It was our second full rainy day today. I know, not too bad, but the troops were getting a little antsy in the afternoon, so I came up with a brilliant plan - let's all sit down together and watch an episode or two of the old He-Man cartoons (you know, the kind that I grew up with!). So we all settled down (with popcorn!) for our treat and it was thoroughly enjoyed by all. I congratulated myself on my great idea.

Then it ended. I now had 3 He-Mans (6, 4, and 2 years old) all brandishing swords in my family room, fighting the bad guys! This would be just fine and dandy if I could turn the melee outside, but, still raining! My brilliant plan is all of a sudden looking not so brilliant.

I take every sword away and send them into their rooms to play. I am in the kitchen with baby and I hear a crash. As I head back to their rooms, I see that toy bins have been dumped in order to find hot wheels track pieces, which are now everyone's sword of choice. Boys are now swinging from the bunk bed, still fighting Skeletor and his minions. The track pieces are quickly confiscated and the boys are now moved into the kitchen with me for some supervised drawing.

We drew some great pictures - guess what of! If you guessed He-Man, just how did you know? Really, this is what I should of come up with to start with - nice supervised QUIET drawing. I will have to keep that note-to-self in hand for the next rainy day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home