Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Overreacting

Yesterday, as I was typing the post below, I thought that I would post some recent pics of the boys around the house. As I went to our folder where we keep our pictures, I was stunned to find that the folders were - empty!

My stomach bottomed out. I just knew that we had lost our photos and that thought made me heartsick. I knew that Nicholas had been on the computer earlier, and that he had been on our account (I forgot to sign out of it). I began crying, even as I had some thought in the recesses of my mind that maybe my husband had backed them up. Maybe he had them copied onto his laptop. Some rational piece of my mind was telling myself that "come on, what are the odds that my 4 year old would delete them and I could find no trace file or anything". Yet the rest of me was sobbing over my long lost photos. My words to my dear 4 year old were definitely harsh - despite the fact that it was I that left the computer account open. After all, as I told him, he knew to ask before getting on the computer!

After a few minutes of this craziness, my rational side began to kick in again, and I called my husband to ask him what to do. When I explained to him the situation, he calmly replied "oh, the pictures, yeah I archived them yesterday. The folder was really full" (it was!).

Suddenly I am apologizing to my poor 4 year old, who I don't think ever figured out what the big deal was. I chastised myself for being so silly, especially when I didn't even have my facts straight to begin with.

There is definitely room for improvement in my "slow to anger" department!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home