Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Grocery Prices, Oh My!

Just kidding! Actually, I think that I am adjusting mentally to the weekly increases in something I usually buy. I have vowed to keep our grocery budget under $150 a week for our family of 6, but it is not always easy. You realize where you can make concessions, and where you hold fast. For instance, I am up to buying almost half store brands, and still looking at switching over to more. I have started cutting coupons fanatically (and only coupons for things that I would buy anyway). I have stopped buying ice cream, except for special occasions *sob*. But lest you think that I am giving up everything, we still get our top of the line coffee. No compromise there unless we HAVE TO!

I have begun to think about even more "from scratch" cooking, even though I already do a fair amount. My problem is that when I add up the cost of making some things scratch, it seems even more expensive. I guess the plus is that you only have to store basic ingredients. Less is more, right?

I am just brainstorming this totally random post because Jennie's got me to thinking "What else could I do to get our budget down?"

No solutions here! So I guess we are off to the pool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home