Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

And the Winner Is...

We live in a neighborhood full of beautiful parks. It boasts a lovely walking trail which even ventures down to the bayou (Houstonian for "drainage ditch"). We often enjoy taking a stroll down to the little bridge to watch birds, turtles, minnows, and frogs. It is one of the boys' favorite outdoor activities.

As Brennan and Nicholas were toddlers, I often thought that we would assuredly have someone end up in that nasty water one of these days. And with Philip and Jonathan adding to the testosterone levels in our family it became a guessing game of "who would be the first one to do it?".

The answer - Philip. And of course that makes total sense. He is the most innately curious of all four of them. Yesterday he got just a little too close to the bullfrog we saw hopping into the water and SPLASH! I rescued the little guy as he screamed "It bit me!".

No, nothing bit him. He just scraped his leg on a rock as he fell - I'm quite sure it felt like a bite. Time will tell who else will join Philip in his exciting experience. Or if Philip will be right back on the edge of the rock next time.

Actually, I'm betting that he will be!

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger nutmeg said...

My kids love those ditches as well. We also have quite a selection of nasty duck ponds... what is it about kids and water? They love it! I guess it's our own little bit of nature here in suburbia.

But no splashes yet... not even from Little Boo! (just a matter of time, I'm sure)

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home