Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Friday, June 06, 2008

My monster: The Dirty Dishes

I hate washing dishes. Seriously, HATE IT. Why? I don't know. There is no rational reason why I would rather be doing just about anything (even waiting for hours in a doctor's office with small ones) than running a load. How horrible is that? I even have a perfectly fine dishwasher, yet still no love for the job. I feel so spoiled!

I am working on keeping a cheerful attitude concerning this household duty. It has to be done. And I do get it done (eventually) But I want to work on my attitude, accepting this task and accomplishing it with an attitude of gratitude. Gratitude that I even have dishes to wash and such pleasant means of washing them.

Even so, I am still looking for any shortcuts. That is when I stumbled across a help in Family Fun magazine. A mom of 8 stated that she also was battling the dirty dishes demon when she had a brilliant revelation: Less is More. So she packed up every glass, bowl, and cup. She bought clear, wide glass bowls, 1 for each person. Everyone decorated his/her own bowls. And that is what they ate off of. If your bowl wasn't clean, you didn't eat! Talk about natural consequences!

She claims this solved her problem. And I am really, really tempted to try it! Maybe I can conquer my own demons as well!

I'm not quite brave enough to take the dive yet! But I am pondering the possibilities...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home