Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Well Trained Child

I have been using the buzzer on the oven lately to help me be more consistent. My hope is that now when I tell the boys that they have 5 more minutes, it really will mean 5 minutes and not thirty because I'm incredibly absentminded these days.

So this morning I set the buzzer for the boys to get dressed. Setting that buzzer really works. Knowing that the buzzer was set jump started the older boys into gear (at least today). They were finished way before the buzzer sounded.

And of course, I had forgotten that I had set it. So as I rushed to shut it down, I was greeted with a hilarious sight. Little Jonathan had my oven mitts on and was opening the bottom oven, looking for whatever it was that he was supposed to be getting. And saying one of his favorite words "Hot" and blowing "whoo, whoo).

I am grateful that this absent minded mom has some really great help around here.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Kristina said...

That is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home