Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Shopping: 2007 edition

I am done. Yes, I should have been done a while back (and I thought that I was) but my dear friend's suggestion of turning to the power of the internet (namely ebay) to look for these books on Nicholas's list led to a bit of a last minute shopping spree. Basically, I found the two books with such ease and at such a good price that I begin to ponder "Hey, what about this truck and this movie that I also could. not. find. anywhere. else.".



The movie was a breeze to find. I actually bought it used from a private collection instead of new from a warehouse, as I have found you more often get an authentic USA version (aka legal) copy this way. And a DVD viewed several times is still just as good - we frequently shop Blockbuster's pre-viewed DVDs.



The fire truck was quite another story. Apparently, I was not the only one looking for this particular item, and there just were not that many out there. I found one, starting at a reasonable price, and I decided to watch it. Even if it arrived a little after Christmas, no big deal. Late one night, I checked the listing, only to discover that someone else, in the same boat as me, asked if the seller would consider a Buy It Now option. Apparently there were two trucks, one of which the seller agreed to place as Buy It Now. I looked for this other listing.



There it was! Just placed on the auction and still available! I scooped it up for a bargain price!



I just discovered that the other truck that was auctioned finally sold for almost thirty dollars more than I paid. I must admit that I feel a little guilty, because I was not the one who asked for the Buy It Now option, yet I am the one who benefited from it. All I know is that there is no way that I could have/would have paid $45 for this wooden truck! I consider it pretty fortunate that I checked in on the item at the time which I did.



All in all, I was pretty impressed with my Christmas shopping on ebay. I need to remember that next year, earlier!

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger nutmeg said...

Ebay is my secret weapon. Last year I bought two brand new Vancouver hockey jerseys for my boys for $25.... for both, including shipping. Those puppies usually go fro $85 apiece.

I love ebay!

Merry Christmas!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home