Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Little Things

Danielle has been posting some thoughts for each day of Advent. Yesterday's reminders hit me particularly - especially the bit about eye contact. I am notoious for listening as I do whatever it is that I am up to. I have always championed myself as the master multitasker, and taken this as a good thing!

Yet I must remember that the little people in my life don't see me multitasking. They equate my lack of eye contact as a lack of attention. So for the rest of this Advent, I am challenging myself to stop what I am doing and make eye contact when a little one is speaking to me. No small task, since my 5 year old constantly has things on his mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home