Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Monday, December 17, 2007

My Christmas Gift

I don't know if it was actually my Christmas gift, but if so, it was one of the best! My husband took all three older boys to the park yesterday afternoon for an hour and a half. Without any prompting.

I am definitely not a jewelry person. I do like old movies, but there are only so many movies that you can watch anyway. So this time to do as I wished was fabulous. And the best part was that it was so spontaneous, so unexpected.

I had a coffee. I read a book to Jonathan without three other people trying to sit on top of him. I got the dishes done and the living room clean. The school papers were organized. And best of all, it left me time last night to nearly finish Nicholas's quilt! I also have have half of Philip's squares finished.

Thank you, thank you honey!

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

WOW! I am so glad for you! That is such a wonderful thing. And isn't it funny that it doesn't even matter that you still had Jonathan. It was such a wonderful time! We have great husbands.

Now Andrew has the fever. Jacob was better midday yesterday. So thankfully it is shortlived!

I can't wait to see the quilts! I want to do a quilting night soon. I am almost done with my Christmas table quilt (or wall hanging)! So much FUN!!! I love quilting.

Oh and sorry about the sheet. Maybe you can use it for quilt fabric now! :))

Have a beautiful day!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home