Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spread a Little Thin

In my limited spare time, I have been trying to get several projects accomplished. Yesterday presented itself with a significant amount of time where I only had Brennan awake, so I decided to make some decent headway. As I looked at what all I had on my plate, I realized that I have developed my own family's bad habit of starting too many projects before getting others finished. If the opportunity presents itself, I buy the materials. I then want to jump in and start. Yet when the next materials are bought, I don't ask myself "should I finish the other project first?" and instead I just jump right into that new one. So now I have:

-the wallpaper ripped off of half of the master bath

-the first coat of stain on the media cabinet

-Philip's quilt top complete and the squares for Jonathan's cut

-half of the knobs replaced on the kitchen cabinets

-the doors from the master bath cabinets half stained

-the molding for repairing the kitchen cabinets stained

It is difficult to figure out which to tackle first. I think that I will set to have these finished by Easter. This means that I must force myself to not start anything else. What a good self control exercise for this Lenten season!

3 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

I think if I even started a list of partially completed projects, I might become overwhelmed.

I am amazed with four little boys, you are so ambitious! I finally finished touching up my living room paint job. Finally it will be done!!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Way too funny and so much like me!!!!

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thinks St Josemaria Escriva said that the hardest part of a project is not starting it, but finishing it well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home