Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

My Wise Husband

A little over a month ago, my husband told me that he would like to purchase a shop-vac. "A shop vac?" I asked. "What will we use that for, that our current vacuum couldn't do?". "Oh lots!" my husband replied, and so I relented.

Here we are today, and I am that dear old shop vac's number one fan! Since our old vacuum is, shall we say, quirky, I have come to rely on that shop vac in a pinch. It may take a little longer than the regular old vac, but it does a great job! It is easy to pick back out that little pirate sword that accidentally got swept up as your 6 year old yelled "there it is!". It is lighter than our regular vacuum, and easily manuveurs into the tightest spaces.

Yet today it proved even more useful than all of those reasons above. As I began the tedious process of ridding our dining room wall of wallpaper, Brennan came in and said "Mom, look what Philip did in the family room!" (Yes, yes, I know - silly me, I just thought that they were occupied with "Cars" playing on TV). I walked in to see Philip standing over a pile of Nesquik, freshly dumped from the brand new, Sam's size can that we had just bought the day before. And would you know it, that wonderful little shop vac got every single speck of that up out of the carpet? Yes, a carpet! And quickly!

Ahh, my husband is so smart! I do love him so!

4 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is EXACTLY what we need!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home