Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Now I'm Inspired!

Motivated by Danielle Bean's talk topic for this week, I set out this afternoon to declutter our house. After all, the youngest 3 boys were napping, the oldest was happily building lego spaceships, and dinner was already in the crockpot, so what better time to begin! I was already familiar with Flylady, but had yet to do a 27 Fling Boogie. So, I set out to begin...

After just a quick trip through the family room, I already had 56 items! We even had stuff that was clearly TRASH sitting in toy buckets, on bookshelves, and in couch cushions. Next, I moved the toys that were supposed to be in boys' rooms back to the designated spot. Finally, I vacuumed and dusted shelves - what a difference! Even my husband commented on how great everything looked. The amazing thing is how much room we really have in our family room when it is in order! Every time I think that we need "just one more room" in our house, I forget that we wouldn't need that room if we would just curtail on the stuff! I grew up in a packrat household, so this is a difficult habit for me to break, yet seeing the result in the family room is motivating.

Now I just have the kitchen, dining room, study, 3 bedrooms, laundry room, garage...uh oh! I'm losing my motivation again!

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Too funny. I love your last line in the post!!!!! It does feel that way sometimes. Don't lose that motivation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home