Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stick to the schedule, Mom!

You would think that I would know better by now...

We are not strictly a scheduled family, however we do have a basic rudimentary routine for getting day to day things done. Every once in a while, I have something that I am anxious to accomplish, or I am not feeling particularly well, and I give the boys a "treat" such as watching a video in the morning, playing outside before work is done, etc. And every single time, I get burned because instead of making my day easier, the boys all of a sudden become extra hyper and unruly - every time. The easy going day that I was hoping for becomes a stressful battle of wills where the boys end up in time out for most of the afternoon.

So what I have to remember is how important our routine is for these small boys. It is always better for us all in the long run if I just carry on with what we normally do.

I have heard it said that motherhood will help you build virtue by forcing you to break your own vices. I have to agree, because my biggest vice is procrastination!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home