Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Let them eat cake!

I have figured something out! Nicholas (my 4 year old) is my picky eater. I have not yet made a huge deal out of his refusal to eat anything outside of his personal list of chicken, rice, chocolate, fruit, and milk - even though it has bothered me tremendously! Tonight, as he suspiciously eyed his pork chops, cheesy potatoes, broccoli, and cornbread, he picked up the bread and asked "what's this". Now we have made cornbread before and Nicholas has refused to even take a bite. But tonight, after I replied "It's corn cake", he ate 3 pieces. He then proceeded to ask if the broccoli was really little trees and ate 2 helpings. He even felt adventurous enough to try a bite of pork chop.

So as long as the name has cake, pie, or cookie in it, he will try it. Got it! Or maybe he was just feeling brave....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home