Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I Love Fall!

Today was the first really fall day we have had. I love fall. Fall reminds me of some of my favorite childhood memories. So for today, I am listing my top 10 favorite memories of fall as a child.

1. Football games every Friday night

2. Hayrides with hot chocolate

3. The start of school - I was a total nerd!

4. Getting out our new school clothes.

5. Reacquainting with old friends after the summer break.

6. Thanksgiving is just around the corner - my family always got together for Thanksgiving. Good food is a central theme in my family.

7. My mom would start making brown beans, fried potatoes, and cornbread for dinner (like I said, food is BIG!)

8. Fresh pumpkin bread and eggnog become available for a few months.

9. I loved playing in the dried leaves and the smells of fall that are in the air.

10. The cool air in the mornings and evenings after those hot hot Oklahoma summers



Maybe tomorrow I can bake some pumpkin bread with my boys - I hope that they will have their own fond memories of these fall days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home