Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Friday, September 08, 2006

NBC is at it again!

Okay, this post is because of my political side.

Our family LOVES Veggitales. In fact my (at the time) 20 year old brother is the one who got my husband and I hooked back in 1999 (before kids). Our 3 oldest boys love the videos and are anxiously anticipating the next ones about Gideon and the Lone Stranger (story of Moses). So imagine my pleasant surprise when I heard that NBC would be showing the Veggitales cartoon on Saturday mornings this fall - finally, something Saturday that my boys can watch!


Well, lo and behold it was too good to be true! At first the Veggitale producers just said the Bible verse would have to be cut, but now it appears that NBC is ransacking the cartoons of ANY mention of God whatsoever! While I am not surprised, I am DEEPLY disappointed! I am planning to send NBC a letter just to let them know. This is the network that defended free speech and "change the channel if you don't like the material" for Will and Grace, but now Veggitales (which I suspect will offend a WHOLE LOT fewer people than Will and Grace did!) is so offensive that God must be edited out.

This was a huge opportunity for NBC which has just backfired on them totally. I think I am ready to boycott the entire networks lineup over this!

*hat tip to Mark Shea*

You can read more about it right here.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

When I first started reading your post, I was so excited (I too love Veggietales). Then I got to the end of your post and am now also considering boycotting NBC. How disappointing!!!

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

How sad, but like you said, so totally expected. And how are they going to edit out God, when they are BIBLICAL stories?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home