Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Big Spill

This morning began with such promise. We had a lovely breakfast with all of us - my husband included. It was a pleasant morning with everyone in good spirits. After my husband left for work, the older boys began to get dressed and were even talking about tackling their seat work already laid out (they were eager to start this morning). Then it happened.

In a moment of brain lapse, I sat my full coffee cup down on the bookshelf in Brennan and Nicholas's room. I went into the next room to get Philip's clothes in order to dress him. The next moment I heard Brennan saying "Mom, Philip spilled your coffee". I dashed into the room, hoping for only a small spill, only to see Philip standing in a huge puddle of dark coffee that was already soaking deep into the carpet. As with past coffee spills, I immediately begin to blot it out. Only this spill is so deep and so dark, blotting is not about to get it all. I remember something about club soda and carpet spills. I berate myself for not having it on hand and instantly find shoes for everyone and load them into the car for a quick Kroger trip.

We get to Kroger and buy LOTS of club soda (I have now decided this is a good thing to have on hand with small boys). We get home and treat the stain with most, but not all of it coming out. I know we needed new carpet in the living room and study, but I guess that now I need to add Brennan and Nicholas's room to that list.

The morning wasn't a total loss, however. Jonathan fell asleep in his car seat and stayed asleep while we finished our lessons. And with my morning coffee soaked into the carpet, I was justified in picking up that Starbucks Raspberry Mocha from the kiosk at Kroger - Starbucks can make anything better!

1 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

You know Spot Shot is a wonder for us. If you haven't tried it before, it comes in a blue and orange can and every place sells it. We have taken out huge ink stains, soda stains, red and orange juice stains, as well as your typical not so nice stains that are unmentionable here.

It really does blast the stain away so be careful you don't hit it to forcefully or it will extend the stain outward.

Kris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home