Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Zoo Quotables

Our trips to the zoo always leave me with the most hilarious collection of "obviously boy" quotes. Today's additions:

Nicholas: "I want to see some lions. I want to see ones who are eating zebras."

Me to Brennan: "See those long grizzly bear claws. Those help him climb and dig."
Brennan: "Yea. They help him kill people too!"

It might be obvious to you by now that we have seen several National Geographic videos as of late. The oldest two are enthralled by them. One might believe that seeing wild animals viciously attack (and eat) each other might be disturbing to a 7 and 5 year old. But apparently not boys. It looks like our next rabbit trail will be learning about the food chain.

And of course Philip continues to stomp through the zoo, making his best impression of an elephant!

Jonathan liked the pigs. The big black farm pigs. The pigs were quite vocal today, walking right up to the fence and oinking loudly. Jonathan found this absolutely hysterical! This pig thing might even be genetic. When Brennan was 4, I found him with the garden hose on, making a big mud pile. When I asked him why he was doing that, he very nonchalantly replied "I am making a mud hole, so that I can get a pig. A real one."

Maybe a puppy isn't looking so bad after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home