Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wrong Again

For lunch today, Philip asked for a "turkey butter" sandwich. Now I figured that he wanted either a turkey OR a peanut butter sandwich, but wasn't sure which one. I began to ask him over and over, holding out both the packet of turkey and the jar of peanut butter. He grabbed both.

So I gave up and just started to pull out turkey meat. At this, he said "No!" and put the peanut butter jar in my hand with a very emphatic "turkey butter!".

My problem is that I just don't do well with 50/50 chances. Give me a good 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 chance any day!

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

Maybe he wanted a turkey AND peanut butter sandwich... you think? :)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

Sounds like we have a matching pair. It must be the age, and us mothers just tend to forget these phases of life. Nicholas tends to just ignore your question and repeat what he wants. I can ask if he wants an apple or a banana, and he will say a pear. I can say we have no pears, and offer again, and I get the same reply with a grin. I think he knows he is testing my patience and enjoys the fun of it!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Aren't kids funny? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home