Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Speaking of...

...throwing away drawings.

I feel guilty about this aspect of parenting. I still feel the maternal urge to keep every single lovingly crafted piece of art which my children make. Whenever I do throw something away, I make sure the boys are not around and I bury it at the bottom of a full trash can in order to hide my unspeakable crime. When will I get over this? I know how debilitating paper clutter is, yet I can still hear that little hurt voice saying "you threw my _____ away!".


Maybe when the storage boxes of art work that are in the attic become a fire hazard, maybe then I will change my tune!

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Leticia said...

I think I'm over my guilt about throwing away drawings. I bought lovely art portfolios from Hearthsong, and let my daughters themselves choose which drawings they keep.
Well, except for the homemade Mother's Day cards. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home