Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tis the Season

I remember when I was teaching, the kiddos at schools would get so hyper during the month of December. I just chalked it up to the parties and anticipation of the season and more importantly the break from school. I also dared to think that because we homeschool, I might be able to temper this seasonal behavior within my own children.

And yet Brennan has been bouncing all around the past week and a half - ever since we put our tree up, actually. If I do not keep him busy or outside, he quite literally bounces off of the walls. It is tiring. I have cut TV. I have limited sugar. We haven't even been to many parties or anything. Yet just the sheer excitement of it all seems to be too much for him to handle!

I guess I shouldn't worry too much because he is defintely happy. I just need to keep the organized activities a coming and joyfully await the time of the actual Christmas season - when we can celebrate our Savior's birth AND get some much needed rest!

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Luci1 said...

Well, so glad to know it's not JUST the crazy boys at my house!
The behavior last week was terrible!!

Hope you're having a better week...we are. That might be b/c it's warm enough here to throw 'em outside!!

Luci

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one reason I was happy to hold off on the tree until the third Sunday. It makes a huge difference. Only 2 more weeks...

...chin up! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home