Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pancake Day: The Sequel

Last year, we celebrated Pancake Day, the day before Ash Wednesday. Traditionally, this is a day that all of the white flour and sugar is used up in preparation for Lent. We had a blast with the pancake races (running while flipping a pancake in a pan) and I had every intention of making these festivities a tradition.

I almost forgot. In fact, I would not have even thought about it if it hadn't been for an innocent request at breakfast this morning.

"Mom, can we have pancakes today?" My 7 year old asked.

As I pondered his request, I remembered. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. Today is Pancake Day!

"Absolutely." I replied. We even held our races. Indoors, due to the weather, just like last year.

I'm sure Brennan didn't realize what day it was when he made his request. Even so, the reminder was just perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home