Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

So glad that our Math program is working

Happy Birthday to me! The boys get excited about each family member's birthday, mostly because it means something fun and exciting will happen. Last night we had my Baskin Robbins Ice Cream cake, which followed everyone's favorite dinner, Chicken Divan with Rice. Present number one: No one complained about dinner last night!

And today, the actual day, we will go to our favorite seafood restaurant for dinner. I am so excited! This is where my husband and I would eat every other Friday night before we had kids. Now it is more of a once a year thing. It is especially nice since we really gave up on eating out about 9 months ago. We now only dine out once a month, and it is almost always fast food or the pizza or chinese buffet. I cannot wait for dinner tonight! And present number two: No kitchen to clean tonight! I am on a roll...

In the boys excitement at breakfast, they talked about when their own birthdays would be arriving. And they discussed how old they each will be. At which Brennan popped up with "Hey Mom. How old are you today?".

Not feeling too down about it, I promptly replied "I'm 32 today.".

Brennan thoughtfully chewed on his toast, and then responded "That's a lot older than 7!" Present number 3: My son's Math skills are growing.

I cannot wait to see what my day brings next!

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger nutmeg said...

Happy Birthday!

:)

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend! I hope your day was wonderful! I am so blessed to have you as my friend. Much love,
Me

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

happy happy birthday...to you to you to you.

ole.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

Happy birthday youngster!! Enjoy your much deserved, after the mud puddle boys, dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home