Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The best medicine

Laughter. It really can put situations into perspective.

Like when you go outside to retrieve your 5 year old, who needs a dousing in the shower (We won't get into the why - just that we have been dealing with the remnants of a nasty stomach bug). Of course I leave the others in our nice safe fenced backyard. Because they couldn't really get hurt.

But they can find trouble. And find it, they did. I got Nicholas out of the shower and found Brennan reading in the living room, leaving Philip and Jonathan outside unattended.

I found them safe, sound, and into mischief. They were both sitting in the garden, digging up every new cucumber plant that had sprung from the ground. Every single one of them.

Philip smiled proudly and proclaimed "Look Mom! We are helping you weed!". With all of this gardening help, it will probably require a miracle for my little plants to make it.

What can I do? After the momentary shock, followed by a timeout, we hugged. And laughed. It really is the best medicine.

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ohhhh!

(hug)

I'd have wanted to kill them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home