Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Feeling the Love

We were outside in the front yard enjoying the beautiful weather. Jonathan was in the neighbor's yard, listening to their teenage boy practice the drums. Philip came up to me, tackling me with a big bear hug. As I sat with Philip in my arms, Jonathan suddenly realized what was happening. He immediately ran over to us, arms out wide, chattering "Mom, mom". Or so I thought.

As he arrived closer, I heard him more clearly. And he was not saying "Mom". It was a distinct "Mine, mine" chattered over and over. With those words he ran headlong into me, knocking Philip out of my lap. Jonathan can pack quite a punch for a featherweight, momentum and all.

Seeing that he was now the only little boy in my lap, he sighed rather contendedly.

The real question is do I feel more loved? Or do I feel like a security object, much like a favorite toy?

Probably both. And I'll take it (And yes, we will teach him to share Mom's lap with the others. The other boys never did this. Jonathan sure has an interesting personality - very mild mannered, until there is something that he really wants. Then, watch out!)

2 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Celeste Creates said...

Michele, you cannot know how much that sounds like Michael!!!! Oh my goodness. Mild mannered. Happy happy baby. But with a streak. Today??????? Standing on the dining room chairs and climbing on top of the table - all with a smile!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh no! Ok, stop laughing. I can hear you allt he way over here! :))))))

Have a super day!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger nutmeg said...

I have my bloggy book club post up over at my blog!

Looking forward to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home