Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

In Bloom

I need to get a picture of the new house with the flowers in bloom! They are fabulous! What with me being a horticultural illiterate and all, I had no idea in January what the sad looking bushes were around our house. Okay, I knew the rose bushes, and that was pretty exciting with as much as I loved mine back in Houston. And I guessed that one tree was a plum tree (I was wrong). But now that a spring and summer have passed, I have a better idea. Hey, I at least know what color the flowers are!

First the rose bushes are beautiful: I have red, purple, white, orange, and a hybrid orange with yellow like I had before. The bushes in the front are junipers, which have tiny purple flowers (I don't have to tell anyone who knows me well how much I love purple!). The large bushes on the side are either hydrangeas or something similar with both light and dark purple blossoms! I could sit in a chair and just watch these beautiful buds! How crazy is that!

The "not a plum" tree turned out to be a fuji apple tree which has a couple dozen tiny apples on it right now. There is a gorgeous redbud, with a few pecan trees at the back.

And what is Colin's favorite part? That there are NO pine trees to drip sap on our cars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home