Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Reflections from the past three months

Wow. Abigail is already three months old. I was really wondering if we would or would not have another little one when she came along, and so I have been savoring these moments with her as much as possible.

That is not easy with the older ones. I find myself completely torn. I want to cuddle in a chair with Abbie, and read to her, talk to her (she already talks back to us - Amazing!). And yet I still want and need to care for the boys. So I go to their needs, meaning to rock with Abbie in just a short while. Yet one boy needs a drink, another wants a long neglected story, an then still another is excited to show me his latest Lego creation. So Abbie is either tucked in my arms as I scuttle about or sitting in place in the family room or kitchen.

New guilt comes in. Poor Abbie is so content to sit there, and the squeaky wheel does get the oil. So I decide to go to my room with her and spend some quality time. Two minutes later, our three year old is in the middle of his brothers' game. Interrupted again.

I wonder what she thinks of the craziness that is our household? I realize that I will not have all of that one-on-one time with her that I had with, well really, only the oldest two. And yet I see that it will be okay, because she has so much love all around her. The boys are all crazy about her. That much is clear. I know she will appreciate being surrounded by so much love.

And because I have yet to post our dear little one...

3 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Crafty Mom said...

AWWWWW! So very pretty, and I found it comical how much she talked back just a month ago.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger mom-in-training said...

I was so excited to see this update! I'm sure Abby feels the massive love around her, even if she can't get constant undivided attention from you. Those pictures of her are beautiful! I can't wait to see the cutie again in person this weekend!!!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger nutmeg said...

Oh my... she is simply gorgeous!
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home