Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

You want me to do what?

One of the more memorable weeks leading up to our move was the week the painters came. We had to have everything in our house painted. The walls (even where Philip had painted a "Harold and the Purple Crayon" scene on the back of the boys' bathroom door), the ceilings, the closets, everything. So it was quite the thrill when they said that it would be easier to do it if we weren't in the house. Okay I get that. But I also have 5 kids (one of which is a rambunctious 2 year old) and I am also not supposed to lift anything, by the way. It was August, in Houston. Well, after spending one day at Mr. Gatti's (yes, a day!), and another at the mall, very leisurely picking out Lego sets that we took to the only covered pavilion that I knew of (and it was still way too hot), I had three more days to blow. Well, we tried the dollar theater. The only problem is that Abigail still wouldn't sit through a movie. I am sure that the boys enjoyed Kung Fu Panda 2, although so much for my dr's orders not to lift my squealing 2 year old (I was wrestling her in the back the entire time). You know, I can no longer remember how we spent that Thursday (I think we mostly played in our own yard, my thought at this point was that the painters were going to have to deal with it), and then Friday I had a dr's appointment and we were able to spend the rest of the day at a friend's house.

That week was the worst. Fortunately, the movers came the following week, and the rest of the house work was done without us even in the state. I know we wanted to try and get the house on the market as we left (it didn't happen anyway) so I really wish that we had just waited to do any work until after we were gone! Lessons learned the hard way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home