Queen of the Castle

My daily thoughts are shared with you so that the boys will no longer see me walking around the house talking to myself!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - lots of great food, fun, and fellowship on Jesus's special day! On Christmas Eve, we made Won Tons, Sweet and Sour Chicken, and Scrambled Rice and just spent the evening together in the family room playing games and legos. We finished the final ornament on our Jesse tree. Midnight Mass was as beautiful as always and in a first nobody slept during it! Even Jonathan was awake the entire time (he had quite the audience with two teenage girls behind him!). The boys behaved beautifully and our only miscue was Philip belting out "O Come O Come Emmanuel" during the homily!

Brennan and I were the first awake at 9 AM, so he helped me get the Almond Coffee Cake ready to go and by then everyone was up except Philip. Brennan and Nicholas dug into their stockings while we waited for Philip. Brennan also was very excited to show Nicholas his "really nice Spiderman bike" that Santa brought him. After Philip awoke at 10:30, we hit full swing. Brennan really got a kick out of placing baby Jesus in the manger on Christmas morning. We thanked God for sending us His Son. Then we proceeded to lounge about and just enjoy our time together. Everyone was in such good spirits - quite amazing for the immediate change in schedule.

And then the unexpected! Brennan was playing when he suddenly said "Hey, I think my new tooth is coming in!". I went to him and sure enough, he had his first lost tooth in his hands! He was so excited - what a special Christmas memory! I must admit that it caught me off guard (I didn't even realize that it was loose!) so he will be receiving coins instead of the nice crisp dollar bill that I always received from the Tooth Fairy, but it was such a bonus at the end of an already great day!

We had a wonderful dinner - Pork Roast and Mashed Potatoes with a German Chocolate Cake for dessert. It was a much simpler dinner than I have done in the past, but it was worth it because it meant low stress and added time with the boys! Nicholas didn't quite make it until dinner time (He had finished all the chocolate in his stocking too without my realizing it - oh well!). Jonathan really enjoyed mashed potatoes! I can now add a fourth food to the list of what he will eat! As everyone headed to bed, Brennan summed up the day perfectly when he said "Today was great, now if it would just snow...".

Now everyone is asleep and the house is quiet. I myself am having trouble adjusting to the abrupt change in schedule, so I thought that I would share a few minutes with you. Here is hoping everyone else also had a Blessed Christmas Day and I look forward to hearing about yours soon!

P.S. - Oh and we even had our Christmas miracle! On Christmas Eve, our NFL team the Houston Texans actually beat the Indianapolis Colts - if you are familiar with football at all, you will know what an actual miracle this is! Granted, they just exploited a weakness this Colts team has at the moment and squeaked out a win, but it was something for us football fans to cheer here in Houston!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home